Kathleen Herbert, 2009
HD Video projection, Duration 6 mins 40 secs
Limelight is a video piece specially commissioned by The Royal Opera House in London.
The starting point was Herbert’s discovery that limelight was first used by a theatre on the site in 1837, previously Limelight had been used in the field of surveying. In an empty & darkened auditorium, a ballerina holds a limelight as she performs a piece from Odile & Odette. Through the performance the light maps the space catching glimpses of the architectural of the building
- Deloitte Ignite 09 curated by Time Out Magazine, Royal Opera House, London, UK, 2009 Info
- Triumph Of The Will, Camberwell College Of The Arts, London, UK, 2012 Info
- Time Out, Going Through The Pain Barrier.
- Time Out, State of the Art, Rachel Halliburton, September 2009, p19
- The Sunday Times Culture Magazine, Creativity to burn David Jays, 30th August 2009, p26
Extracts from Limelight